This page explains the cost of joining the Snowbirds Snowmobile Club. Thank you for you interest in joining! Your contribution will help locally with maintaining the trail system, making repairs to the equipment, cost of fuel for grooming, club charity contributions and club functions. Statewide it will assist with legislation expenses, groomer reimbursement, insurance and land preservation / acquisition.
Want to buy your trail passes online? Click HERE
Trail Passes are Available from the dealers below, at meetings, or by contacting us for other arrangements:
Please note: Breeze Bend RV has been sold and no longer sells trail passes. The Snowbirds would like to thank Jeff Senecal for all of his help over the years selling trail passes, supporting the club, and being a friend to all.
- A1 Parts and Accessories, Brookfield
- Barnstorm Cycles, Spencer *** NEW DEALER! ***
- Hanks Marine, Leicester *** NEW DEALER! ***
In order to ride in the state of Massachusetts, the following needs to be performed: (1) Register your snowmobile with the state of Massachusetts and (2) Purchase a Trail Permit from the Snowmobile Association of Massachusetts.*
*Trail permits are purchased through local clubs, such as this one. You must join a club in order to obtain a SAM Trail Permit.
Cost of joining the Snowbirds Snowmobile Club:** (reflects the new Statewide pricing policy)
- $55.00 per Snowmobile. Includes Trail Pass and Membership to Snowbirds, as well as SAM (Through December 15th.)
- $70.00 per Snowmobile after December 15. This is a statewide policy rolled out for 2016.
(Valid for riding in the entire state of MA)
**This cost does not include MA state registration costs listed below.
When the form is completed, send the paperwork and a check for the correct amount (made out to Snowbirds Snowmobile Club) to:
P.O. Box 28
Spencer, MA 01562
State Registration Information
- Register your snowmobile with the state.
- Resident Snowmobile $44.00 – Two Years
- Non-Resident Snowmobile $33.00 – One Year
Local State Registration Office:
Boat, Recreation Vehicle & Snowmobile Registration Bureau
67 Millbrook Street
Suite 350, 3rd Floor
Worcester, MA 01606
Total annual cost of registration:
- State of MA registration: $22.00*
- SAM Trail Permit: $35.00
- Club Membership: $35.00
- Total: $92.00
*$22.00 X 2 Years=$44.00 (Registration is for two years at a time)